Here at AI Software, we had the unique opportunity to be privy to an excellent presentation created by KPBC regarding Internet trends.
Here are a few highlights:
- Declining user base at Facebook (still the largest social user base by a country mile) ; given the rapid growth on Instagram, FB could still claim a growing base in total
- Nokia / Linux smartphone market share declined from over 60% in ’05 to less than 5% in ‘12 (primarily Android driven)
- 100 hours per minute uploaded to YouTube (vs nothing 6 years ago)
- Took less than 3 years from intro before tablet shipments surpass PC shipments
- Alibaba Gross Merchandise Volume exceeds Amazon + eBay in Q4 ‘12
The full presentation can be viewed at the following link: